Touchless interfaces for a Covid-19 world
How consumer attitudes are driving change for tomorrows embedded products
Interactive and digital touchscreens are everywhere, from ATMs, supermarkets to hospitals. However, as we manage and adapt to COVID-19, attitudes to touchscreens and touchless technology have changed.
According to recent research published by hand tracking and mid-air haptics company Ultraleap, there are now widespread concerns among consumers about the health risks of public touchscreens. With this in mind, what does the future of touchscreens look like for product manufacturers?
Join us for this one-hour webinar where embedded silicon and IoT vendor NXP and hand tracking and haptics experts Ultraleap, join forces with Crank Software, embedded GUI experts, to learn about hardware and software capabilities on the horizon designed to help create natural interactions while ensuring the experience is as hygienic and performant as possible. During it, we’ll discuss the market trend demanding low power but increased performance, connectivity and sensor fusion, and how that looks for touchless HMIs development to meet consumer demands.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How consumer’s attitudes around hygiene in public touchscreens and towards public interfaces have significantly changed since COVID-19 hit
- The alternatives to touchscreen technology and their drawbacks including gesture control and mid-air haptics
- Hardware roadmap for the IoT devices and touchless technologies of tomorrow
- How to leverage high performance and low power with your processor choice
- How to integrate 3rd party technologies into your GUI tech stack while maximizing resources found within the selected processor
Your panel of experts
Charlie Alexander - Director Product Management, Ultraleap
Alex Dopplinger - Director Product Marketing - Building & Energy, NXP Semiconductors
Jason Clarke - (Co-founder) VP of Marketing/Sales, Crank Software
Watch the on-demand webinar
Storyboard 7.0: Powering sophisticated embedded GUIs
Check out our latest features designed to help you build richer, more effective GUI applications.
Sample Storyboard on the i.MX 8M
Download the sample touch screens created in Storyboard for the i.MX 8M.
Building a killer embedded UI
Download this guide to creating high-volume, high-margin goods on MCUs with fancy UIs.