Bring rich, modern UIs home
The consumer appliance (white goods) industry is undergoing a revolution as it shifts from it’s original, electromechanical roots to eco-friendly electronics and internet connectivity. As more consumers demand sleek, interactive experiences and manufacturers squeeze more out of low-power, low-cost chips, only Crank Software’s Storyboard Suite connects designers and developers together to create beautiful, intuitive user interfaces (UI) without sacrificing resources, performance, or portability.
IHS Markit predicts the global smart connected white goods market will grow at a five-year CAGR of 134 percent, from fewer than one million units in 2014 to more than 223 million by 2020.
Washing machine demo
How does Storyboard Suite help white goods?
Whether it's simplifying the UI experience of a new oven range or ensuring your washing machine consumes less power while maintaining high performance, Storyboard Suite streamlines your development process. Storyboard consists of two modules that optimize workflow between the UI designer and embedded software developer, allowing them to work in parallel to create the best user experience on top of highly optimized and performing applications. Using a WYSIWYG environment, the whole team gets a real-time display of what the final product looks like and how it behaves, from prototyping to production.
- Import directly from Adobe Photoshop, with layer order and naming preserved
- Animate objects easily with built-in animation timeline
- Add behavior to graphics quickly, without having to write code
- Deliver rich 3D graphics with support for Autodesk FBX, OBJ, and OpenGL ES
- Enforce clean architectural separation between UI and application
- Support scale at any level, across a wide range of MCUs and MPUs
Oven range demo
Watch our demo running on the Embedded Artists i.MX6 SoloX, then download the ready-to-run image and try it for yourself.
Overcome UI development challenges
Purpose-built to reduce the frustrations, delays, and costs associated with home appliance UI development, Storyboard Suite enables designers and developers to do what they do best, allowing them to work together while supporting role-specific tools and languages. The end result is the best possible interface, whether it's a smart refrigerator, dishwasher, or microwave oven. All delivered in record times and supporting many different platforms.
- Iterate designs seamlessly with re-import and graphical compare tool
- Validate results immediately on built-in simulator or real hardware
- OS-agnostic Storyboard Engine supports any hardware your OS supports
- Portable across your entire home appliance portfolio - build once and deploy anywhere