Seniority Level: Low to Medium
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Function: Developer
Crank Software is looking for an Application and User Interface Tester to help us improve the user experience of Storyboard customer projects. Storyboard is an ambitious product designed to bridge the gap between graphic designers and embedded software engineers and is used to build cutting-edge user interfaces for a wide variety of applications and hardware. We want you to help us create the best possible experience across the board, for both the designers and developers working with Storyboard and the customers who eventually interact with the applications.
- Help to build the next generation embedded user interface design environment
- Work in the following areas of the Storyboard product:
- Storyboard Designer - Written in Java and based on Eclipse, Storyboard Designers is an application design environment targeted at graphic designers to allow them to create compelling user interfaces directly from artwork created in tools such as Photoshop
- Storyboard Engine - Written in C, Storyboard Engine is the graphics engine specifically configured for embedded systems (Linux, QNX, WinCE, FreeRTOS, and others) to work with a wide variety of graphics rendering technology ranging from OpenGL and OpenVG to a pure software rendering library
- Customer Applications - User interface applications that are created using Storyboard Designer and involve working with the Lua scripting language and embedded target platforms, such as Linux
- Help automate manual testing scenarios and with Python for our product test infrastructure. Google “buildbot"
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related discipline and/or diploma in related field or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of Software development experience in either C or C++
- Linux/QNX development experience
- Experience in graphics rendering and layouts for UI and UX design patterns
- Keen eye for detail and usability
- Familiarity with graphic design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, or After Effects.
- Analytical, organizational skills and ability to prioritize
Nice to have:
- Experience in Lua
- Experience working with and interfacing with Embedded systems
- Prior experience with UI frameworks including Storyboard, Qt, XWindows, or Java
If you want to try out Storyboard Suite first hand, download an evaluation and see what it's all about:
If you don’t have time to download a trial but want to get a quick idea of the awesomeness that can be built using Storyboard, you can binge-watch your way through our video library or YouTube channel.
Why you should consider this opportunity
If you have ever wanted a chance to make a real and tangible impact on a product that is used to develop user interfaces ranging from thermostats and ovens to digital car dashboards and medical patient ventilators, this is a great opportunity to do all that...and more!
Why Crank? Well, ask Crank’s employees! They were recently ranked as one of Ottawa’s top 10 employers at the 2018 Employee’s Choice Awards.
Perks of working at Crank
- Competitive compensation plan including a comprehensive benefits program
- Annual health and wellness allowance
- Continuous professional development allowance
- Brand new innovative workspace
- Work-life balance
- Fun social atmosphere
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Application and User Interface Tester" in the subject line.