Create beautiful & functional driving experiences
To keep up with rapidly evolving consumer demands, Tier 1 and OEM manufacturers recognize the need to deliver innovative digital instrument clusters, driver information displays, and in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems. Crank Software’s Storyboard Suite is the only user interface (UI) development platform that brings designers and developers together, treating them as equals to design rich, intuitive in-vehicle experiences without sacrificing resources or performance.
Check out Storyboard in the QNX Concept Car
Walk through the advanced navigation and infotainment features of the QNX Bentley Continental GT.
Gartner predicts a 190 percent growth in connected car production by 2020, driving the need for more sophisticated UX/HMI design, richer content, and the ability to rapidly iterate to meet consumer demand.
How does Storyboard Suite help automotive?
Storyboard Suite consists of two modules that optimize workflow between the UI designer and embedded software developer, allowing them to work in parallel to create the best in-vehicle experience on top of highly optimized and performing applications. Using a WYSIWYG environment, the whole team gets a real-time display of what the final product looks like and how it behaves, from prototyping to production.
- Import directly from Adobe Photoshop, with layer order and naming preserved
- Animate objects easily with built-in animation timeline
- Add behavior to graphics quickly, without having to write code
- Deliver rich 3D graphics with support for Autodesk FBX, OBJ, and OpenGL ES
- Enforce clean architectural separation between UI and application
- Support scale at any level, across a wide range of MCUs and MPUs
Distributed eCockpit UI demo
Watch four Storyboard UIs driven simultaneously by the NXP i.MX8: instrument cluster, heads-up display (HUD), infotainment, and rear-seat entertainment displays, presented at Embedded World 2017.
Overcome automotive UI development challenges
Purpose-built to reduce the frustrations, delays, and costs associated with automotive UI development, Storyboard Suite enables designers and developers to do what they do best, allowing them to work together while supporting role-specific tools and languages. The end result is the best possible cluster, driver information, and IVI displays, delivered in record times on many supported platforms.
- Iterate designs seamlessly with re-import and graphical compare tool
- Validate results immediately on built-in simulator or real hardware
- OS-agnostic Storyboard Engine supports any hardware your OS supports
- Portable across your entire product portfolio - build once and deploy anywhere
- IEC 61508 / ISO 26262 guidance available upon request
“With Crank Software’s help, we were able to get up and running within a few days, have fully functional prototype units available within a few months, and have a product ready to launch in record time.”
- Rocko McCombs, Electrical Engineer, Auto Meter Products
Success story: Next-generation NASCAR LCD dashboard
To develop the ruggedized, fast-responding, and graphically-rich display system for the next generation of NASCAR racing vehicles, Auto Meter chose Storyboard Suite to enable their engineering teams and achieve record time to market.
Visit our partner
To create next-generation automotive cluster and infotainment solutions, Mcloudware Technology Corporation relies on Storyboard Suite to align with modern UI requirements and fast delivery timelines.