Seniority Level: Medium
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Function: Developer
Our Storyboard GUI Development software allows clients to build and deploy embedded graphical user interfaces straight from a graphic designer's desktop down to an embedded or mobile device.
Crank is looking for a Storyboard Application Developer to help our customers create and build their applications using Storyboard. This position will provide a unique opportunity to work with leading technologies in the automotive, medical, and consumer markets as part of a team of professional embedded software developers.
- Create rich animated user interfaces from design files
- Develop UI system and state machine logic
- Develop interface layers from UI to backend system code
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Storyboard
- Work with cutting edge products and bring ideas to reality
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related discipline and/or diploma in related field or equivalent
- At least 5 years of Software development experience in either C or C++
- Linux/QNX development experience
- Experience in graphics rendering and layouts for UI and UX design patterns
- Keen eye for detail and usability
- Experience with 2D and 3D application tools such as Photoshop or Illustrator
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative team player with a knack for solving problems
Nice to have:
- Experience in Lua
- Experience working with and interfacing with Embedded systems
- Prior experience with UI frameworks including Storyboard, Qt, XWindows, or Java
Why Crank? Well, ask Crank’s employees! They were recently ranked as one of Ottawa’s top 10 employers at the 2018 Employee’s Choice Awards.
Perks of working at Crank
- Competitive compensation plan including a comprehensive benefits program
- Annual health and wellness allowance
- Continuous professional development allowance
- Brand new innovative workspace
- Work-life balance
- Fun social atmosphere
Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com and reference "Storyboard Application Developer" in the subject line.